Soft rolls / dinner rolls
|Egg (for egg ash)||1 no|
- Mix together all ingredients except butter and knead to soft dough.
- Add the butter and knead it in, to form soft dough.
- Rest it for 45 min at about 37˚C.
- Knock back the dough and shape.
- Give it a egg wash.
- Rest it for another 40 min, egg wash.
- Sprinkle a combination of toppings on the dinner rolls; (sesame seeds -white/black, poppy seeds , flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc.)
- Bake at 180˚C in a preheated oven for7-9 min.
- Remove from oven and rest
NOTE: The same dough can be used to produce cinnamon rolls
Filling for cinnamon rolls
|melted butter||½ cup|
|cinnamon powder||1 tsp|
Topping for cinnamon rolls
|icing sugar||2 tbsp|
- Mix all the ingredients of the filling together and set aside.
- Mix cream and sugar together.
Assembly and finishing
- Knock back dough, roll to 6 mm thickness.
- Spread filling mixture uniformly, leaving one inch at the end for sealing.
- Apply egg wash or water on the sealing end.
- Make a tight roll, cut into 1” pieces and proof for 15 min
- Bake at 180 ˚c for 7-9 min or until done.
- As soon as the rolls are baked, remove from oven and brush with topping.