20 gm cellophane rice noodle
10 gm shiitake or other mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
500 ml chicken stock
Sea salt as required
2 gm grated fresh ginger
5 gm minced garlic
10 gm chili paste
2 scallions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
Broccoli, florets 20g
20 gm sliced silky tofu
15 gm sliced Japanese omelette
8ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1. Boil stock with salt. Add shitake, till it softens. Drain it into the bowl.
2. Add the broccoli and blanch in the same stock. Drain into the serving bowl.
3. Prepare the noodles by adding into the hot stock and place the lid on for about 3
minutes. Drain the noodles and cut into 3-inch lengths.
4. Prepare a Japanese flat omelette by seasoning with sushi vinegar. Roll it thin, when
hot and slice thin. Add the omelette slices into the bowl.
5. In the bowl, add the tofu, ginger, garlic, mushrooms, chilli paste and mix all the
ingredients very well.
6. Pour the boiling stock on the mixture and allow the flavours to infuse my placing a
plate on the bowl, so it is covered very well.
7. Add the scallions, and serve hot.