When it comes to furthering your education or nurturing your Knowledge & Skills set, but are worried about the time and place, then online education is your solution. Online Education Programs are an option that offer convenience of time to learn from home. Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC), as they call it are online learning modules available to the public regardless of their geographic location or education level. It is a model for learning online for anyone who wants to take a course at their own pace and schedule. A typical MOOC has more or less defined topics of study, facilitators and assessments. Students watch short video lectures online, read through online content and complete the assignments based on which certifications are provided.
Here, at the International Centre for Culinary Arts – ICCA Dubai, we have taken a joint initiative with Fatafeat to provide an online education platform that is, Fatafeat ICCA Academy Online for Culinary enthusiasts, to deliver a new way of learning food. Fatafeat is a subsidiary of Takhayal Entertainment which is a part of Discovery Communications, and is Middle East’s first and only Arab free-to air food channel. We all are familiar with Discovery Communications in the television world. It is the world’s #1 pay-tv programmer reaching nearly 3 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 220 countries and territories.
The Fatafeat ICCA Online Academy program is based on the innovative idea of bringing together Television and Online media to effectively deliver Certified Culinary Education accredited by City & Guilds, London. The accreditation by City & Guilds is given due to the program’s high level of quality instructions, online materials and support for learners, all of which will allow you to achieve the Fundamentals of Culinary and Home Kitchen Skills. Upon the successful completion of the specified “Online Assessments” from Fatafeat ICCA Academy Online, an accredited program certificate from City & Guilds London is awarded to the candidate.
The basic idea of these online programs is to develop new skills and build expertise in a specialized area to update your knowledge & skills, professional profile, advance your career, or just to broaden your knowledge base at the comfort of your home, and you could begin whenever you wish.
Let’s take a look at the benefits and advantages of MOOC’s.
- Choice of language; The MOOC classes happen in more than one language. It does not matter what language you speak, subtitles are always available and they are just a click away. You can follow the Fatafeat ICCA Online Academy in English or Arabic.
- Learning at your own pace and space; Learning happens in a more informal setting, at a place of your convenience and often around your own schedule. Our online culinary courses have deadlines for tests and assessments, but they are easy to keep up with. You can even serve the dishes you make for your assignment to your family as a meal.
- No age and qualification constraints; You don’t need a degree or previous knowledge to follow the course, only the willingness to learn and interest for the subject is needed. Someone as young as 13 can sign up for this program.
- Learn from anywhere; You can learn the courses offered by universities or institute around the world sitting in the comfort of your home. Through our MOOC program you will have ICCA Dubai in your home!
- Choosing the right career path; Doing a MOOC will help you decide whether to go for higher studies in that particular subject so as to make a career in the same. The Fatafeat ICCA Academy Online is a perfect platform to take you into the world of professional culinary education.
City & Guilds London established in 1873, is the world’s largest Vocational Awarding Body. Certifies over 1.3 Million students annually the world over and helps increase an individual’s value proposition and competitiveness within the Global market. Their accreditation is recognized as a sign of quality in over a 100 countries around the world and are used both by Governments and Industries. This Online program and accreditation will not only provide in depth knowledge in the subject but will also help in molding a career path in Culinary Arts.