Snow Ball Cookies, a delicacy representing Christmas, which can be recreated with walnuts or pecans. Dredged in sugar, the cashew butter balls are a fragile and elegant feature amongst the assortment of Festive viands.
|Butter, softened||230 gm|
|Icing sugar, plus more for rolling||½ cup|
|Vanilla extract||½ tsp|
|All purpose flour||2 cups|
|Unsalted roasted cashews, ground||21/4 cups|
- Sift the flour and salt and set aside.
- Beat butter and icing sugar till creamy
- Add the vanilla and beat.
- Add the flour, and cashews and fold in the butter mixture.
- Form a log and chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Roll /dredge in icing sugar when hot.