Chandlers mac and cheese can be equated to the comfort food that has a robust, nostalgic or sentimental value to me from the yesteryears. It is definitely characterized by its esteemed calorific nature, high carbohydrate level, but a fairly simple preparation. Suitable for a family feast or for all kinds of gatherings. For an amorous candlelit experience it will surely serve as an aphrodisiac. Perfect for a “FRIENDS” hangout, a one dish concoction, luxuriated, and captivating the good times, shouting out loud “ I’ll be there for you”
Onions finely chopped – 1 large
Garlic cloves, finely minced – 5 cloves
Poached chicken breast, shredded – 150 gms
Button mushrooms, thinly sliced – 1 punnet
Oregano – 1 tsp
Marjoram – 1 tsp
Assorted bell peppers , finely chopped – 100 gm
Chicken stock cube – 2 pcs
Water – 11/2 cup
Tomato paste – 200 gm
Thickened cream – 100 gm
Red chilli flakes – optional – A/R
Grated cheddar cheese – 200 gm
Milk – 200 ml
Butter – melted – 200 gm
Macaroni, cooked – 300 gm
- In a sauté pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté till softened or slightly caramelized.
- Add in the mushrooms and sauté, add in the chicken breast and herbs and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock cubes, water and mix well. Let it come to a boil.
- Add in the tomato paste and mix, then add the thickened cream and check seasoning and simmer on low flame for 10-15 minutes. Red chilli flakes can be added as required if a hint of spice is needed, add finely chopped assorted bell peppers.
- Then mix the tomato sauce with the boiled pasta and remove in a casserole dish.
- Prepare a butter sauce by heating milk and butter together until just heated and not boiling.
- Pour on top of the macaroni.
- Top with grated cheddar and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes. Serve hot.