A classic, smooth, rich and easy to make Chestnut soup to warm your heart on a cold winter night during the Christmas time.
Butter – 25g
Leek – 1 trimmed & sliced
Potatoes – 2 Peeled & Chopped
Creme Fraiche – To serve
Chestnut, extra, chopped, to serve
Fresh thyme leaves, to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leek to the melted butter and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add potato to it and stir to coat.
- Add the chicken stock. Simmer, partially covered, for about 7 minutes.
- Add chestnuts and simmer, partially covered, for a further 7 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Use a stick blender to blend everything together until smooth.
- Pour it to a serving bowl. Top it with creme fraiche, extra chestnut and thyme.
- Season with pepper and the soup is ready to serve.