Chocolate mousse is all about ingredients and prep, let Chef Vrushali Jaddav show you how to make an amazing Bitter Chocolate Mousse.
Bitter Chocolate mousse
|Lemon juice||Few drops|
For Chocolate sponge
|Baking soda||½ tsp|
|Vanilla essence||¼ tsp|
64ml(64ml milk+1 tsp vinegar)
For Chocolate mousse
|Dark chocolate 70%||125 gm|
|Whipping cream 1
Whipping cream 2
For Mirror Glaze
For the Meringue
- Start whisking the egg whites with salt and lemon juice till stiff peak.
- Start adding sugar slowly at a time and form a meringue.
- Pipe small meringues on the baking trays and dry them at 100*c for 35 min.
- Reserve and use.
For the Chocolate sponge
- Boil the water and mix with cocoa powder to form a paste.
- Combine all the other ingredients into the bowl and lastly mix in the cocoa paste.
- Spread the mix onto a tray and bake at 160*c for 10-12 min.
- Ones baked cool down.
For the Chocolate mousse
- Whipping cream 1 and put in the chiller.
- Make a ganache with whipping cream 2 and chocolate.
- Fold whipping cream 1 into the ganache .
- Pipe the mousse half into the dome shaped mould, insert meringue pipe the mousse again on top and finish with chocolate sponge and freeze till firm.
For the Mirror glaze
- Soak gelatine in cold water and allow it to bloom.
- Combine rest of the ingredients in sauce pan and boil.
- Ones boiled take off the heat and add the gelatine.
- Cool down to luke warm and pour on top of the de moulded chocolate mousse dome.