Christmas celebrations are never complete without a decadent Fruitcake. This year for Christmas, I baked a 2 tier cake topped with an almond chocolate Christmas tree, where I not only baked a 4 layered fruitcake but have also paired it with a sinfully rich chocolate fudge cake covered with snowflakes and white chocolate.
Baking Temp: 150*c for 30 min
|For Christmas fruitcake ingredients||Quantity|
|Candied Orange peel chopped||110gm|
|Am arena cherries||85gm|
|Red grape juice||400ml|
- Soak golden raisin, black currants, chopped dates, candied orange peel, am arena cherries and 1 tsp orange zest with warm red grape juice.
- Cream butter, orange zest, sugar and brown sugar until nice and creamy.
- Gradually add in egg one at a time and cream again.
- Sieve flour and baking powder and then add in the gingerbread spice.
- Squeeze all the fruits and mix with the above flour mixture, to coat all the fruits with flour.
- Fold this mixture with the creamy butter mixture and pour into the lined tin and bake at 150*c.
|Chocolate cake mixture|
|Cocoa powder||40 gm|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1 tsp|
|Vanilla extract||½ tsp|
|Vegetable oil||130 gm|
|Hot water||95 gm|
|Dark chocolate 55%||250 gm|
|Cream .||250 gm|
- Boil the water and pour over the cocoa powder. Mix it and allow to cool.
- Sift together flour, bicarbonate of soda, add salt and sugar.
- Mix cold cocoa liquid, eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, and buttermilk together.
- Add liquid to the dry and mix just until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into lined cake pans and spread it briefly.
- Bake them at 160°C for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow them to cool.
- Heat cream with orange zest and pour it on the chocolates, stir it and make a ganache.
- Rest in the fridge overnight and use as filling for the cakes.