6 tblsp Butter (melted)
3 tblsp Vegetable oil (for the tray)
1 cup Cornmeal
3/4 cup Flour
1 tblsp Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
• Preheat the oven to 180°C
• Lightly grease muffin tray with oil.
• In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
• In the same bowl, mix together the eggs, buttermilk, and butter.
• Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish
• Bake until the top is golden brown and tester inserted into the middle of the corn bread comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
• Remove the cornbread from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.