Cranberry Orange Scones with Cream Chantilly
A must have in a Pastry kitchen is the Pastry cream which has a smooth and creamy texture. It is essentially a filling used to make all sorts of tarts, cakes, cream puffs, napoleons, profiteroles and other pastries. As soon as it is made, it is best to immediately cover the surface of the cream with plastic wrap, to prevent a layer of skin from forming on the top of the cream. Using whipped cream gives a lighter and a fluffier pastry cream.
Baking Temp: 160*c for 12 min
Portion size: 10 pieces with 6cm cutter
|Orange zest||½ tsp|
- Mix flour, butter, baking powder, orange zest and sugar in a mixing bowl with paddle attachment till crumbly texture on low speed number 3.
- Start pouring the milk slowly and form smooth dough.
- Add in the cranberries (soak them in hot water before adding them).
- Do not over knead the dough. Rest in a fridge for 5 min if required.
- Roll 12mm thick cut with 6cm round cutter, egg yolk wash on them and bake in the oven.