Russian Honey Cake
Baking Temp: 160*C for 7min
Portion size: 1 round cake 22cm
|For Honey biscuits
All purpose flour
For the Honey biscuits
- Melt honey, caster sugar and butter in a sauce pan till the sugar dissolves.
- Ones melted, pour the mixture into a clean bowl and cool down the mixture.
- Add eggs one at a time into the above mixture and mix well.
- Add in the baking powder and flour and combine to form a sticky dough.
- Rest the dough in the fridge for 15-20 min.
- Remove from the fridge and cut 100gm dough into 7 pcs and leave the remaining dough for the trimmings.
- Roll each dough to 1 mm thickness ,place it on a tray and cut it with 22cm cake ring, dock the biscuit base with knife or a fork and bake at 160*c for 7 min.
- Roll the remaining dough and use as biscuit crumbs to cover the cake.
For the Cream Frosting
- Whisk cream,honey,and caster sugar to a medium peak.
- Reserve in the fridge and use as required.
- Start assembling the cake by layering 90gm cream in each layer.
- Finish the cake with remaining cream.
- Crumb the left over biscuits in food processor and cover the finished cake with biscuit crumbs.