Basboussa is a semolina cake popular in the Middle East and originated in Palestine. This cake is soaked in syrup made with sugar and orange blossom water. Popularly made during the Holy Month of Ramadan.
Baking Temp: 160*c for total 25 min
Portion size: 20X20cm (2Square rings)
|For Sugar Syrup
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Rose water||2 tsp|
For the Basboussa
- Boil the orange in water till it becomes soft for 30 minutes.
- Ones soft blend it into smooth paste.
- Whisk egg and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and fold it into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the corn oil, and lastly fold in the orange paste.
- Pour the mixture into cake tin, stick almond on top and bake at 160*c for 25min.
For the Sugar Syrup
- Boil sugar, and lemon juice with saffron.
- Add rose water in the end and simmer.
- Ones Basboussa if out from the oven pour the syrup over it.