Fenneled Scallops with Broccoli and Oven Dried Tomato Mash
Scallops (cleaned): 3 nos.
Fennel (ground): 1 tsp
Cayenne pepper: ¼ tsp
Salt: ½ tsp
White pepper: ½ tsp
Lime juice: 1 tsp
Cherry tomatoes: 2 no.
Button mushroom (baby- stem removed): 2 no.
For the sauces:
Broccoli (florets): 20 gm.
Tomato (small): 1 no.
Salt: 2 tsp
Pepper: 1 tsp
Thyme: 1 sprig
Butter: 20 gm.
Garlic: 1 clove (whole)
Olive oil: 2 tsp.
- Marinate the cleaned scallops in a spice seasoning of ground fennel, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and lime juice.
- To prepare the broccoli mash, blanch broccoli and blitz quickly with very cold butter. Strain and keep aside.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven at a moderate heat (160°C) with garlic clove, thyme sprig and seasoning till almost dried out.
- Peel off the skin of the tomatoes and blitz to a smooth paste. Strain and keep aside.
- In a hot saute pan, put in a tsp. of butter and sear the scallops quickly turning sides for a minute each. Retain the juices of scallops.
- In the same pan toss the cherry tomatoes and mushroom caps to color.
- Serve the scallops along with the tomato and mushrooms. Serve the scallop juice on the seafood and serve the broccoli and tomato mash by the side.