|Cocoa powder||¾ cup|
|Butter milk||1cup (if not 1 cup milk + 1tbsp vinegar)|
|Vanilla essence||1 ½ tsp|
- Measure all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix together, do not over whisk.
- Pour into a prepared cake tin.
- Bake at 175ºC for 25-30 minutes, in a preheated oven.
Chocolate mousse & Crème chantilly
|Icing sugar||10 gm|
|Vanilla essenceMaraschino cherries||5gm36 pieces|
- Boil 110m cream; add chocolate and mix well to form a ganache. Set aside and cool down.
- Whip half remaining cream to a stiff peak and fold in to the above mixture.
- Whip the rest of cream with the addition of icing sugar and vanilla essence to stiff peaks (crème Chantilly)
Assemble by layering mousse, crème Chantilly and tearing pieces of sponge and dividing 6 cherries per glass/kiln jar. Finish by placing chards of dark chocolate on top of final product.