Cakes are the centrepiece of any celebration, an everyday snack or a dessert at the end of a special meal. But between the baking and the cutting comes the decorating. In a cup, single layer or multi-layered, a cake is not really complete until it is beautified to perfection.
Besides sealing in the moisture, the Icings add interest and flavour to cakes and cookies. Fondant is a kind of icing that can be rolled and sculpted into fun, beautiful and crazy designs, or it can be textured to look like ruffles, fur or even waves. The possibilities can extend to as far as your imagination can take you. Have a look at some of the ways you can use Fondant to give your cake that sensational look and by the end, we hope you are as animated about Fondant as we are!
1) Fondant Cover for the Board – A lovely cake sitting on a shiny aluminium foil covered cardboard is not a very pretty sight. Give your cake the royal seating to give it an amazing overall look and feel.
2) Paint your Fondant – Make the Fondant your canvas as you stroke the brush or sponge to create a picture that Wows.
3) Fondant Flowers – Roses, Lilies, Carnations or Chrysanthemums. In different hues and colours.. bud or full bloom.. single or a bouquet.. nothing can make you smile like a pretty blossom.
4) Drape it with Fondant – Add richness to the cake with the luxurious folds of a fondant drape as a side garland or as skirt accents.
5) Fashion with Fondant – Shopping is a whole new experience when done with fondant. Make funky jewellery, edible pearls, smart shoes or handbags.
6) Fondant Curlicues – Spruce up your cake with Confetti streamers and cute curls.
7) Loop up the Fondant – What’s a gift without a pretty Bow & Ribbons? Package your cake in a perfect way.
8) Sew up a Fondant Quilt – Imprint stitch lines on colourful fondant squares or darn together a quilt by fondant patchwork.
9) Fondant Zoo & Monsters – Delight your tiny tots with Animals, Bugs, Butterflies and Monsters on their birthday cakes and watch them squeal. Superheroes are a big hit too.
10) Ruffles and Lace Fondant – inspired by gorgeous lace wedding gowns, the delicate design looks dreamy and so romantic. It’s perfect for showers, anniversaries and weddings.
11) Embossing the Fondant – Give your cakes an even greater impression when you emboss them with pretty patterns and designs.
12) Buttons of Fondant – ‘As Cute as a Button’ takes on a whole new meaning when these mini treats made of fondant decorate the cake in style.
13) Fondant Candles & Confetti – Make those birthday wishes last forever with Fondant candles and confetti to brighten up the day.
14) Ombre Fondant – Lend a gentle elegance with those amazing never-ending colour changes, and gradients that leave you spellbound.
15) Fondant that Glitters – A little sparkle to add dazzle to take your treat from sweet to spectacular. Edible shimmery dust, edible glitter or a spray can make your cake creations a little more glamorous and festive.