Hot Cross Buns are traditionally eaten on Good Friday in several countries. Here’s a good recipe that you can try at home.
Cinnamon powder 1 tspn
Cardamom powder 1 tspn
Ginger powder 1tspn
Nutmeg powder 1 tspn
Dried fruits 1cup
Cold butter 80gms
- mix all dry ingredients together
- combine water , milk and egg together and mix into the dry ingredients to form a paste consistency / gloopy dough
- add in the cold butter well into the dough till incorporated well.
- leave the dough to prove for 30-45mins or double in size
5 knock down the dough and mix in the dried fruits
6 sharp into 30gms balls and arrange on a try about 2cm apart.
- prove for the second time for again 30-45mins or till doubled the size
- egg water the buns after proving
- make a paste using four and water and design cross + sign over the buns
- bake into a pre-heated oven at 180 oc for 25mins
- glace with strawberry jam before saving.