Sweetened condensed milk is a favourite of many people, and when it comes to indulging in it, transform it into Dulce de leche which is nothing but the same condensed milk cooked in its own tin in boiling water for 4-5 hours to give the delicious toffee colored confectionery spread.
I came across Dulce de leche a few years back when I was working with an Argentinean restaurant, where they were using a lot of Dulce de leche in their dessert preparations. The love for the taste of Dulce de leche inspired me to work on different recipes based on them, and here you can find one of them given below.
Dulce de leche lava cake
Baking Temp: 180*C for 8 min
Portion size: 4pc Round 6cm ring
|For Lava cakeIngredients||Quantity|
|Dulce de leche||½+1/3 cup|
|Melted Unsalted Butter||2tbsp|
For the Dulce de leche
Fill sauce pan with water half way and place the unopened can of condensed milk in the middle of the sauce pan. The can should be covered with water and bring it to a boil for 5-6 hrs, and add more water if it evaporates. Remove the can from the pan and leave it to chill in the fridge overnight.
For the Lava cake
- Grease and dust the ring moulds and chill for 10-15min
- Cream the dulce de leche into the bowl, then add melted butter and mix well
- Add egg yolk and whole egg gradually while continuously whisking
- Lastly add in the flour and mix
- Pour the mixture into the rings and bake at 180*c for 7- 8 min.