Malva Pudding is a traditional South African dessert that has a sticky caramelized texture and is served hot with custard, cream sauce or ice cream.
|Castor sugar||¼ cup|
|Dark brown sugarEggApricot jam
All purpose flour
½ +1/8 cup
- Set oven to 180°C
- Beat castor sugar, dark brown sugar and eggs until fluffy then beat in the jam until a creamy consistency
- Sift dry ingredients into separate bowl.
- Melt butter in a small pot on a medium heat and add the vinegar and milk
- Now add the above mixture (butter, milk, eggs) to the sifted ingredients and mix well. Now add the eggs mixture and combine well.
- Pour into a Bundt mould.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 mins until the top is nicely browned.
- Melt all the sauce ingredients together in a small pot over a medium heat and pour over the pudding before serving, preferably while it’s still hot.
- Serve it with ice-cream or custard or both.