|Rye FlourBread Flour||150 gm350 gm|
|WaterMolasses||320 ml30 gm|
- Make a medium soft dough using all the ingredients, except the grains.
- Prove it for 60 – 90 min at room temperature till double in volume.
- Knock back the dough, knead in and shape.
- Rest for another 45 – 60 min and bake at 200˚C for 1 -2 min with steam , 160˚C for 8 min and the last 3 min venting vent open
- Remove from oven and rest on a wire rack.
Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread (Pull Apart Bread)
1 crusty loaf, preferably sourdough or Vienna
200 gm shredded Mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese)
100g unsalted butter, softened
2 large garlic cloves, minced
¾ tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 180C
Combine butter, garlic and salt in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave. Stir through parsley.
Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm/1″ diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread .
Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter and stuff in a pinch of cheese. Wrap with foil and bake for 15minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.