Clear Chicken Broth Yield: 02 portion
|Chicken stock||800 ml|
|egg whites||1 no|
|ground chicken||80 gm|
|bouquet garni||1 no|
|Pepper corns||3-4 nos|
Whisk egg white until foamy.
- Add peppercorns, vegetables, herbs, spices, seasoning, ground chicken and mix.
- Combine the cold chicken stock, the vegetable-mince mixture and salt in a large stockpot and gently bring it to boil, stirring occasionally. (Once the mixture has come to a boil, consommé should not be stirred.)
- Reduce to a simmer and puncture a hole in the center of the raft for the steam to escape.
- Gently simmer for 30-45 minutes, ensuring raft is not broken.
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve lined with a double layer of cheesecloth. Discard the raft.
- Leave the chicken broth in simmer and adjust seasoning.
Pumpkin Capellacci Yield: 2 portions
|For the pasta:Durum wheat semolina/flour||100 gm|
|EggCarrot (grated) 50 gm||1 no|
Pumpkin 20 gm
Carrot 10 gm
Onion 5 gm
Garlic 5 gm
Thyme 1 gm
Celery (chopped) 5 gm
Salt as reqd.
Pepper as reqd.
Beaten egg yolk ½ tsp
Olive oil 1 tsp
- Blend the carrot with the eggs to a puree and strain.
- Mix the ingredients for the pasta together and knead to firm, non-sticky dough.
- Rest for 15 -20 min.
- Sheet and cut to 40 mm. diameter rounds.
- To make the filling, cook the vegetables in olive oil till tender and soft. Add the beaten egg to bind.
- Spoon the mixture into the pasta rounds and fold the sides to a semi circle. Fold and stick the ends together to get the shape.
- To boil the pasta, boil salted water and then add the shaped pasta and boil till al dente. Strain and serve into the soup bowl and add the simmering broth to the cappellacci. Garnish with a few rock chives and serve hot.