- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. medium onion (finely chopped)
- 100 g pumpkin (diced)
- 200 g Arborio rice
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 800 ml chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 5 dried porcini mushrooms
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 60 g Gran Padano ( Parmesan cheese)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Sauté onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add pumpkin and cook until softened, 6 to 8 minutes, stirring often. Add rice, stirring with a wooden spoon until each kernel is coated with oil. Add wine, and stir until combined.
- Add 300 ml chicken broth, rosemary, and mushrooms to rice mixture. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer, stirring frequently. As broth is absorbed, add more, ladle at a time, stirring frequently—you might not need to use all the broth. Cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed and rice is slightly al dente, yet creamy, this will probably take about 18 minutes. Add butter and Parmesan, stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.