The recipe is a Slovak version of a traditional Hungarian Dobos torte. It has been in our family for over 15 years and the cake is a must at Slovak countryside weddings. It is a multi-layered cake filled with chocolate custard cream and is always presented sliced so that the layers can be shown from all sides. It is a very popular dessert which can be found in any Hungarian traditional pastry shop.
6 layers dough:
All-purpose flour 325gm
Icing sugar 150gm
Baking powder 18gm
- Mix all the ingredients together and divide into 6 equal parts.
- Roll each part into 2mm thickness.
- Bake them for 6mins at 160 degrees.
Caster Sugar 1 tbs
- Cook it till the cream thickens and let it cool down.
- In a separate bowl mix;
100gm caster sugar
25gm cocoa powder
- Mix the cold cream together with the cocoa butter mixture and spread evenly on each layer.
Milk or Dark chocolate 250gm
- Melt the chocolate and add cream.
- Pour over the cake and let it chill overnight in the chiller.
Martina Konova, Batch 84 – Patisserie Program