Seasons Greetings Chefs & Food Lovers!
With the waft of the Holiday Spirit in the air, this heart warming dish is perfect for a family meal.
It isn’t your average stuffed lamb loin as it holds true to traditional flavours like mustard but surprises you with an Emirati fusion.
Giving your regular lamb a twist this festive season. Making it a “must try!” for the holidays!
FOR THE LAMB:
- Lamb loin- 350 gms
- Dates – 100 gms
- Dijon Mustard- 50 gms
- Salt black pepper – AR
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- De-bone and trim excessive fat from the lamb loin and set aside.
- In a food processor blend together the dates (seeds off) and the mustard to a smooth paste.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Spread the dates and mustard evenly on the lamb loin.
- Roll it into a Rouland and Truss with a kitchen string.
- Render the land to a golden brown, crispy colour and finish in the oven at 180oc for 20 to 25mins or to a desired core temperature.
- Set aside to rest.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- Lamb stock 300ML
- Star anise -2 nos
- Mint – 3 leaves
- Port wine -50 ml
- Red wine vinegar -50 ml
- Shallots – 25 gm
- Butter – 25 gms
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Sautee the shallots in butter.
- De-glaze with the red wine vinegar and reduce to 1 1/3.
- De-glaze again with the port wine.
- Then add the stock and reduce with the star anise and mint.
About Chef Aziz Rajab
Chef Aziz completed his Certificate in Culinary Arts from the Escoffier Hotel School and obtained a Professional Diploma in Culinary Arts, from City & Guilds, at Nairobi, Kenya. Awarded the Silver Medal, for the ACF Culinary Competition 2008 and prestigious Gold Star Award for Presidential Function at Nyali Beach Resort 2009.
Started his culinary career at Nyali Beach Resort in Kenya, before moving to the USA to work for the Wyndham Peachtree & Conference Centre in Peachtree, Georgia and Renaissance Concourse Hotel in Atlanta, before joining ICCA Dubai in 2011.
Chef Aziz is a passionate saucier, a hot kitchen specialist and truly a people’s person.
About ICCA Dubai
Established in 2005, the International Centre for Culinary Arts (ICCA) Dubai is an industry centred vocational training (VET) centre. Specializing in Culinary Arts, ICCA’s mission is to become the leading training provider in the Middle east with a vision to redefine ways in which professional and personal culinary training is offered. Providing its students a truly world class culinary experience, with its accreditation from City & Guilds London, Knowledge, Human Developement Authority (KHDA) Governement of Dubai and with its strategic location at the region’s finest educational hub, the Dubai Knowledge Village.
Featured amongst the Top 10 Culinary Institutes in the World and awarded the “Recognition of Quality Culinary Education” by the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS), a global authority on food standards. The “Recognition of Quality Culinary Education” award seeks to recognize training and education that meets or exceeds the culinary standards education established by WACS.