Traditional Yule Log Cake, a chocolate Swiss roll with chocolate whipped cream filling and shaped like a log is an easy to bake Christmas must. And what’s better than a wonderful chocolate Swiss roll to keep the home fires burning throughout the holiday season!
Egg yolk 8 pc
Egg white 8 pc
Sugar 1 60gm
Sugar 2 140 gm
Vanilla extract 4 tsp
A/P Flour 160gm
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together.
- Whisk egg yolk, vanilla extract and sugar 1 with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Whisk egg white with an electric mixer until medium-firm peak and add sugar 2 little by little (French Meringue).
- Add a little of the egg white to the egg yolk mixture and fold together.
- Mix the rest of the egg white smooth with a spatula until creamy, but still firm and add the flour and cocoa mix continuously while folding mix until just combined.
- Spread mixture to the two baking tray (925x22cm)
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 C for 5-6 minutes.
- After baking, turn the swiss roll over onto baking paper, sprinkled with custard sugar and peel of the baking paper it was baked on.
- Spread the chocolate frosting on it and roll up tightly using the baking paper. Set it in the fridge.
- After cut into the shape, you are looking for and decorate with chocolate frosting.
Dark chocolate 55% 800 gm
Whipping cream 800 ml
Icing sugar 2 tsp
In the saucepan melt together cream, chocolate, and icing sugar.
Chill until very cold.
Whisk on high speed until stiff.
Use 1/3 of the frosting for line the swiss roll, 1/3 of the frosting used for decorating the cake.
Dark chocolate shaving
Hazelnuts in golden powder
Colored sugar paste
Egg white 45 gm
Custard sugar 50 gm
Cream of tartar 2 gm
Whisk egg white until firm peak.
Drizzle custard sugar slowly and continue whisking.
Pipe the meringue into a mushroom shape and bake at 100 C in a preheated oven venting valve open until dry.