Pollo Con Arroz, a traditional Spanish rice dish with chicken. There are many ways to prepare it and in today’s Tuesday with Marco, Chef Marco Morana gives his version of the classical dish.
POLLO CON ARROZ by CHEF MARCO MORANA
- 1 whole fresh organic chicken cut into breasts, thighs, and drumsticks
- 2 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 peppers, halved, deseeded and sliced thickly
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g long grain rice
- 400g chopped concasse tomatoes
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 40 ml olive oil
Method of Cookery
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large, shallow ovenproof pan, add the chicken, season and cook for 3-4 mins until golden all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic, sauté until lightly golden. Add chicken Stir in the rice, then the tomatoes, stock and. Turn up the heat and bring to the boil before transferring to the oven to cook add your peppers, cook uncovered, for 20 minutes. My grandmother used to serve this with a freshly tossed salad…