As we are celebrating The Holidays and U.S. celebrates National Chocolate Day yesterday and today here is a delicious recipe that is a MUST TRY.
Quick to make. Easily portable and above mouth watering.
When you do give it a try post a picture on Facebook and tag ICCA DUBAI or post it on Instagram and tag @iccadubai #iccadubai
Compliments of the season!
WHITE CHOCOLATE AND PECAN FUDGE
Yield: 30 small pieces
- 1 Cup (250gm) Butter
- 1.5 Cup (375ml) Milk
- 2.5 Cup (500gm) Granulated sugar
- 1 Cup (120gm) Pecans (chopped)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract or essence
- 4 oz (125gm) White Chocolate (finely chopped)
- Oil an 8 x 10 inch (20 x 25cm) baking pan.
- Place the butter milk and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil and stir until the sugar begins to dissolve.
- Simmer the mixture until it reaches the soft ball stage (The soft ball stage is when you spoon a tiny bit of mixture on your palm and it can be rolled into a soft ball.)
- Remove from the heat and beat until the mixture starts to thicken which will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the chocolate and stir until it has melted.
- Fold in the pecan nuts and pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Let it cool to room temperature then chill in the refrigerator until set which will take 2-3 hours.
- Cut into 1 inch (2.5m) pieces.